When you’re moving your family to a new residence, it can be both exciting and potentially stressful at the same time. There’s a lot to consider when you are moving, like your possessions. They’re important to you and your family. In many cases, they have priceless sentimental value that goes far beyond the original sticker price you paid for them. Don’t trust your family’s treasured belongings to some part-time guys with a weekend rental van. Protect your peace of mind with a trusted, accredited member of the Canadian Association of Movers.
The most important element in moving is finding a mover you can trust – and you can trust the members of the Canadian Association of Movers to treat you fairly and deliver the services you've been promised.
- CAM members have sufficient insurance to cover your goods in their care;
- CAM members have workers’ compensation coverage to ensure you’re not liable for injuries to workers that may occur in your home;
- CAM members are in compliance with the GST/HST requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency;
- CAM members are rated highly by consumer agencies;
- CAM members have invested in personnel, equipment and facilities to serve you professionally; and
- CAM members have established a dispute mechanism for resolving issues between consumers and members.
The Van Line Advantage: Think about Value when choosing your long distance mover (PDF)
The Canadian Association of Movers has represented the moving industry since 1969.
- Our members are movers – they are not telemarketers, scammers or thieves – just professional movers. And they are located in your marketplace – not at a remote terminal.
- Our members include Canada’s major van lines – brand names you know.
- We validate all members for reputation and professionalism.
- We helped Industry Canada develop its guidelines for consumers and movers.
- The CBC and other media come to CAM for information on the moving industry.
- The Better Business Bureau consults with CAM on moving industry law, practices and for references.
- We consult with provincial governments about consumer protection.
Find a Professional Mover
Search for a mover by choosing the type of move and providing your location:
Or contact CAM at 1.866.860.0065