Before a Complaint

Before Registering a Complaint
Before a Complaint

The Canadian Association of Movers (CAM) may be able to assist in resolving a problem you are having with a moving company.

CAM is a not-for-profit non-regulatory trade association. CAM members are not rogue operations – they are certified by CAM as reputable, professional moving services. If the mover involved is a CAM member, CAM will act upon the complaint. Following CAM's complaint resolution process, a complaint about a CAM member must be submitted to CAM in writing.

If the mover is NOT a CAM member, CAM will NOT contact the mover, but will recommend some possible options such as contacting:

Let the mover know that you will be contacting these agencies.  You can visit our Enquiries About Movers page to see if your mover is on our recent non-member enquiry list.

Before registering a complaint with CAM, please ensure that you:

  • have reviewed your paperwork closely – your contract, bill of lading, receipt, etc., especially the fine print.
  • have filed a complaint and/or claim with your mover.

Understand that complaint-handling can take some time.

After you review your paperwork and talk to the mover, you may then register a complaint regarding a recent move with CAM. The complaint should be registered by the person whose goods were moved.

Register a complaint here.