The Canadian moving industry is unregulated federally and each province has its own legislation regarding moving services. Scam operators (rogues) have learned how to skirt regulations and manipulate consumers to their advantage. The Financial Crimes Unit of the Toronto Police Service remind you that “you really have to do your research when you are going to hire a moving company.”
Members of the Canadian Association of Movers work toward a common goal of fostering high standards of ethical conduct within the Association and throughout the industry and pledge to follow professional conduct guidelines. We want you to have a successful move. Please consider reviewing the various resources below.
- Do you want to find or validate a mover?
- Do you want information about moving?
- Do you want to send us comments about a mover?
- Do you want to express displeasure about a move that didn't go as expected?
Other helpful resources:
- Moving Advice from the Government of Canada
- Choosing a Mover - Who Can You Trust?
- CAM's Code of Ethics for movers