The Canadian Association of Movers is proud of its Canadian Professional Mover Course. Moving professionals who complete the CPM Course will have an understanding of the moving consultant's role and of the services provided by movers in Canada.
Here's what one of our graduates had to say ... I just wanted to take a minute to let you know that I recently completed the Canadian Professional Movers Course and “wow, what a great course!” I have been in the moving industry as a Relocation Consultant for over 20 years now - not only is the course a great refresher, I also learned some new and valuable information. I highly recommend this course to everyone in the moving industry - consultants, management and operations. Kudos to the Canadian Association of Movers! (L. C., January 2019)
- Canadian Professional Mover Course (registered students only)
- Graduates of CAM’s Canadian Professional Mover Course
The Canadian Professional Mover Course consists of nine lessons:
- Estimating Procedures
- Long Distance Moving – Canada (2 lessons)
- Long Distance Moving – Canada/USA/Mexico
- Local Moving
- Permanent Storage (3 lessons)
- Office Moving
Each lesson contains the reading material required for the area of study, as well as the assignments that ensure that the material has been learned. Students typically take about two months to complete the course although it can be completed in a weekend.
At the end of the Course, the graduating student may request a framed certificate to indicate his or her successful completion of the course. There will be a $45 charge for the certificate that includes tax and shipping. An individual may choose to receive the certificate as a PDF by email at no charge. Graduates of the course may use CAM’s Canadian Professional Mover designation “CPM” and/or the CPM logo on their business cards.
Registration requirements for the course are:
- A CAM member company may register any number of its employees for the course.
- Each employee must be registered for the course. Registrants will receive a personal user name and password.
- CAM membership must remain valid to maintain access to the course.
- Each registrant must be an employee of the member company above.
- Each registrant must have access to a computer and access to an email address.
- Because of the large file sizes, a high-speed internet connection is highly desirable.
About the course's history
The course is based on the very successful Moving Consultant Orientation Course that was the standard for Canadian movers in the early 1990s. It was updated in 1999 by members of the Canadian Association of Movers and was hosted by Dalhousie University on its WebCT server until December 2008.
In 2008, the Canadian Professional Mover Course was reviewed, revised and updated by CAM members and moved to CAM’s website and it was updated again in 2016.